Sunday, November 2, 2008

poinsettia


poinsettia
Originally uploaded by slndjn1
Been working on Christmas card imasges all afternoon...and experimenting with paints that I don't use as much (if ever)--acrylics, fluid acrylics, pastels. I did the base of the bottom layer of the flower and leaves (actually I know the red part is also the leaf) in acrylics and the shading with the pastels. I have only used pastels twice now...but I love how you can shade with them and they are more forgiving than watercolor!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Looks like you're gearing up for the holidays! Nice holiday drawings.

It was nice you got to meat Doug Thayer. It sure is a small world!

Yep, we left Howell because it was getting too big. Every time we visit we're amazed at the growth.

I went to MSU too! 1976-1980.

Hope the sketchcrawl went well. I've never been to one.

-Sue

Kathleen said...

Hey Susan - these are great I especially like the geese cards- I have to get busy and do my postcards for the swap -

DJ said...

Hi Susan,
Can you send me your email address so I can respond to your question about the online photoshop class? Thanks!
DJ
jndpettitt@charter.net