Friday, August 15, 2008

Bicycle with Flowers, Chelsea, Michigan



This is my EDM #35 for today. I have had this reference picture for a year now. I loved the bicycle when I saw it outside a store in Chelsea, Michigan. We were on an afternoon trip with our Artists Guild Group. Chelsea is a cool city with galeries, antiques....and most of all a wonderful restaurant called The Common Grill and the Purple Rose Theatre which is owned by actor Jeff Daniels---who lives in this city when he is not off filming a movie somewhere. It is also the home of Jiffy baking mixes...where you can take a tour of the plant. My sketch is done in pen and ink and then filled in with a watercolor wash.

6 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

Nice looking flowery (is that a word?!) bicycle!

bettyfromtexas said...

What a charming sketch!!! Wonderfully done!

Monette Satterfield said...

I like this bicycle - it's very nicely done. You did an great job keeping it light even with all the mechanical bits.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

SOOOO gorgeous.

Lisa Adams Reed said...

This is so sweet!

Laura Frankstone said...

I just love this! You've got some great negative space here, Susan---and what a challenging object to draw! Very well done.